Nope. This blog entry isn't a parody of Mitch Albom's "Tuesdays with Morrie", but somehow it is comparable to his real-life for this is story I am going to tell you is also real-life too. Mamita, a pun of her contracted name "Marita", and also a name called for a mommy -- that's how we, her thesis advisees bach 2011 - 2012, address her aside from Ma'am Dimaano. Today is the third week of my -- hmmm, how can I say this -- voluntary work as an Assistant to the Coordinator of UST Faculty of Engineering - Industry-Academe Linkage Program (the words in bold letters is just second to her positions in the Academe). I decided to help her as one of my ways in giving back to all the good things she has done for me. She taught me one of the greatest things that I have been carrying since our thesis days -- Independence and Integrity. I was also inspired by her high energy and "kaliksihan" in doing her duties despite of her petite body and high heels. I also wanted to be connected with the academe where I came from even if I am already an alumna - the what's new in the department, the researches that Mamita is handling now, and so forth. I can say, that she is one of the people that you will be awed the moment she touches your life.
Got to go, Mamita have a visitor, a professor from Kansas State University, in her Material Science Laboratory to attend to. Ciao~!
No comments:
Post a Comment